Google Adwords for Lawyers
When we ask lawyers about Google Adwords, we generally receive one of two responses:
- “My marketing firm promised that Adwords would generate tons of leads – but we didn’t even cover our costs.”
- “Our lawyers received a flow of new leads that converted to business – directly from our Adwords campaigns.”
Both groups are relating real experiences. Both CAN happen.
So why are lawyers in Group 2 busy with phones ringing and inboxes alive with new leads daily? While Group 1 lawyers are twiddling their thumbs and wondering where the next new customer is coming from?
What is Group 1 doing differently to Group 2?
Why do most Adwords campaigns for lawyers fail?
You can bet your life that Group 1 was doing some, or all, these:
- Targeting highly competitive keywords
- Not using high quality landing pages
- Not leveraging Adwords extensions
- Not structuring their campaign well
- Not tracking conversion data
Make these mistakes and you can almost guarantee a poor return on investment for your law firm with Google Adwords.
How can you make Adwords a success?
It doesn’t matter which practice area you specialize in or how big your law firm is: a well-planned, well-structured Google Adwords strategy will drive large volumes of traffic to your business and will be an excellent lead generator for your lawyers.
With Inbound Law Marketing there are no short-cuts. Just tried, tested and proven strategies that are successful.
There are seven steps to success:
1. DEVELOP AN INTEGRATED GOOGLE ADWORDS STRATEGY
- Designed for the long term success of the campaign.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of your firm, your services, your customers and the factors that make your business unique.
- Design a search marketing strategy that targets the keywords to drive leads and conversions.
2. EXTENSIVE KEYWORD RESEARCH
- Define the phrases that people use to search for your services online.
- Understand which keywords are searched most frequently, how competitive they are and what the average bid price is.
3. INTELLIGENT ACCOUNT STRUCTURE AND CONFIGURATION
- Creation and configuration of an account.
- Demographics, location, keyword bidding, and network selection all considered in the configuration.
- Ensure all the small things are taken care of, such as inputting correct business information, optimizing for different devices and filtering keywords.
4. CREATIVE AD WRITING AND DESIGN
- Compelling ad content that sells your business.
- Write ads that promote your unique benefits.
- Test your ads continually and refine the ad copy until it’s just right.
5. EFFECTIVE BID MANAGEMENT
- A hyper-focused keyword bidding strategy.
6. DETAILED CAMPAIGN MONITORING AND DATA ANALYSIS
- Adwords can be tracked with remarkable accuracy.
- Use Google Analytics, Conversion Tracking (to track the amount of leads the campaign generates), and detailed progress reports.
- Monthly reports detail successful areas of the campaign and areas for improvement.
7. ONGOING CAMPAIGN OPTIMIZATION AND REFINEMENT
- Adwords is NOT ‘set and forget’.
- Continual refinement and restructuring of your campaign to reduce the amount you pay per click and increase the amount of leads you receive.
- Low performing keywords filtered, keyword lists for high-performing phrases expanded, ad copy and click-through-rates tested, and further opportunities identified.
Convert clicks into clients
An integral part of successful AdWord campaign management for lawyers is the development of highly targeted landing page campaigns.
As an Unbounce certified partner for landing pages, we can help your traffic not only increase, but also convert into new customers for your law firm.
How are we qualified to help?
Inbound Law Marketing has been providing search engine marketing services to attorneys since 2009:
- Expert senior Adwords practitioners
- Extensive experience in the development of Google Adwords campaigns
- Track record of exceptional results for clients
- Google Certified for Adwords Search and Display
- Featured in industry-leading publications such as Moz, Social Summit, Digital Marketing Radio, and Global TV.
No long-term contracts
Adword management services are provided on a month-to-month basis and can be cancelled at any time. From experience, you will start seeing results from the very first month; this will continue in subsequent months, so that you consistently receive a measurable ROI.
Exclusivity for your law firm
We accept two law firms per practice area per geographic location. However, you have the option to purchase exclusivity if you’d like to completely ‘own’ a region and keep the competition at bay.
What’s the first step?
We can discuss all the Google AdWords options for your law firm in your free consultation.