Search Engine Optimization for Lawyers
You’d have to be living in a vacuum to miss the importance of search engine optimization for your law firm:
“96% of people seeking legal advice use a search engine.”
Google Consumer Survey 2013
So why are so many law firms trailing their competitors on search results pages and in generating new leads?
Simple. They are not taking SEO seriously enough.
There is huge potential for any law firm to generate new business online, but the leads only start when you have a steady flow of traffic to your online assets (website, blog, etc). This requires a well-planned and executed search engine optimization strategy.
Have you had your fingers burnt before with SEO? There ARE proven ways to deliver consistent leads to your lawyers and we can show you how to start making that a reality.
Why do most law firms’ SEO campaigns fail?
Many law firms make the same mistakes with their SEO strategy:
- Using ‘black hat’ tactics that see their websites penalized by the search engines (keyword stuffing, spammy back-links, and manipulative SEO techniques)
- Lack of knowledge about what works in the legal niche – due to minimal experience in managing law firm SEO campaigns
- Poor research of keywords and implementation strategies for optimizing around them
- Lack of tracking and monitoring of the progress and ROI of campaigns
- Poor attention to the detail and analysis required in SEO
This can lead to costly mistakes that continue for months and even years – with good money being thrown after bad.
Once these firms get round to auditing their SEO, they see just how much they have been wasting.
How can you run SEO campaigns that work?
People are actively searching for what your law firm provides every hour of the day. How do you bring them to your site without it costing the earth and/or taking up all of your time?
We are specialists in implementing proven strategies that will:
- Improve your firm’s visibility
- Get your website to the top of the rankings for your selected keywords
- Produce a steady flow of traffic to your website
- Put you ahead of your local competition
Despite what some marketing firms may have you believe, search engine optimization has more to do with logistics than with technical expertise. We WANT you to understand the process so that you can see the logic behind the strategy as it brings results.
That’s why our SEO campaigns focus on a suite of services that have consistently provided the most extensive benefits to customers. This includes:
- Extensive keyword research: We identify the keywords that will generate the largest volumes of quality traffic to your law firm’s website, and with the lowest competition.
- Advanced planning and ‘on-site’ optimization of content: Modifications to your website’s content, code, and architecture optimize it to target your local keywords and solve any technical issues you may have.
- Expert link building: High quality links remain a key component of law firm SEO. Providing they abide by Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, links are like digital votes, and may be the difference between SEO success and failure.
- Obsessive citation building: We identify the online directories most relevant to your law firm and submit your listing, creating a local presence and improving local search results.
- Social media integration and review building: With the web becoming an increasingly interactive, social place, over 70% of web users now consult reviews prior to making a purchase. We work with you to ensure that positive reviews are nurtured and negative reviews are managed.
- Best practices for ‘Google My Business’ optimization: An optimized listing in Google’s local business directory is an important component in improving your law firm’s local rankings.
- Scientific analysis of the data to adjust the strategy as necessary: More than numbers and bar graphs, analytics reporting provides a snapshot of your customers’ actions on your site. This helps us constantly refine and improve your SEO campaign performance.
“62% of legal searches are non-branded (i.e. generic: “Phoenix divorce Attorney”)”
FindLaw U.S. Consumer Legal Needs Survey 2014
In the past have you entrusted your search engine optimization to a generic SEO ‘expert’ who is managing search for many different businesses?
There are many such operators, who use one-size-fits-all cookie cutter solutions and charge a relatively low monthly fee that looks great – until you realize it’s not producing any results. They are just scratching the surface of what needs to be done.
Such a key element of your marketing needs specialist attention. Inbound Law Marketing only works with law firms and has been helping websites get to top positions in Google since 2009.
Our methods are:
- ‘White hat’ – search-engine friendly
- Designed to get long-term results for websites
- Intended to work with other online marketing strategies like AdWords, content marketing, etc.
The SEO team members you will be working with are ALL:
- Expert, senior SEO practitioners specializing in law firm SEO
- Highly experienced in citation building and link building
- Up to date with Google’s algorithm changes
- Able to interpret data to improve the user experience and conversions – as well as rankings
- Google Certified for Adwords Search and Display too
Check our ‘corroborating evidence’
We have strong corroborating evidence, including number 1 rankings for a number of our client’s competitive keyword searches. Check out some of our case studies.
We get your website ‘talking’ the language of the search engines to raise its rankings, while also improving the visitor experience. This success has seen us feature regularly in industry-leading publications such as Moz, Social Summit, Digital Marketing Radio, and Global TV.
No long-term contracts
SEO services are offered on a month-to-month basis and can be cancelled at any time. There are never any long-term contracts to tie you down.
That said, we find that most clients retain our services for a minimum of 6-9 months for a campaign to start producing the desired results. Search engine optimization is a marathon, not a sprint.
Exclusivity for your law firm
We accept two law firms per practice area per geographic location. However, you have the option to purchase exclusivity if you’d like to completely ‘own’ a region and keep the competition at bay.
What’s the first step?
We can discuss all the SEO options for your law firm in your free consultation.